cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS hosting access

stevenramsden

DNS hosting access

Trying to track down a very old DNS hosting access.

From a whois lookup I can see that the domain is listed as registered with Plusnet, which has lead me here

We have no historic Plusnet account details and unsure the best route to begin to regain some sort of access to this.

Called Plusnet support but didn't get far without a clear understanding of which department would be best to handle this.

Would be looking to simply migrate to a new host provider, if I can't establish any access, but again unsure which department I would need to contact.

Any advise or starting point would be appreciated.

Registrar:
        Plusnet Plc [Tag = FORCE9]
        URL: https://www.plus.net

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 14-Dec-1999
        Last updated:  05-Aug-2005

Registration status:
        No registration status listed.

Name servers:
        ns1.force9.net
        ns1.plusnet.co.uk         195.166.128.17
        ns2.force9.net
        ns2.plusnet.co.uk         212.159.13.150

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: DNS hosting access

Does the domain name resolve to an IP address? If it does, an rDNS look up might identify the account name.

If you want to transfer the domain name to a different registar all you need to do is raise that request here (specifying the new ISPTAG) and someone will raise the request with NetOps.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stevenramsden

Unfortunately the rDNS lookup does not supply me with any specific account results beyond:

homepages.force9.net

Which just confirms to me that it is definitely with plusnet 

Give me some time to setup an alternative provider for a new ISPTAG and I'll add all the information required.

Thank you for the reply and helpful advice 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

You might try calling Plusnet support again.

You will probably need to recall the account name to get this moved - use the approach of you think you have had several accounts with Plusnet and cannot recall which one the domain name is associated with.  They should be able to locate historical accounts via postcode and or telephone line number(s).

Do you have billing history from when you were with Plusnet?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.