Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost webspace access after FTTP upgrade

FIXED
SteveBriggs
Fixes: 1

Lost webspace access after FTTP upgrade

Hi

My upgrade to FTTP went through last Friday, but I appear to have lost FTP access to the standard plusnet webspace, which I have as a long standing plusnet customer.

Password is being rejected at login.

I see a few similar qustions on here and see it gets fixed.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Lost webspace access after FTTP upgrade

"Upgrade" to FTTP.

Is that an upgrade of an existing FTTP service (as in a speed change) or a migration from ADSL / FTTC to FTTP?

If the latter, did that involve creating a new account?

If a new account was involved, then all legacy services on the old account will have been lost.

If it is the same account then something has gone wrong.  As a "long standing Plusnet customer" did you use Plusnet's email service and if "Yes" is it still working?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SteveBriggs
Fixes: 1

Re: Lost webspace access after FTTP upgrade

Fix

All working now, was a problem at this end. Its a machine that does website upload every 15 minutes, and stopped about 5am the morning after my FTTC > FTTP upgrade. I suspected some account change had propagated through the systems overnight, but seems not.

The second odd confusing thing was testing ftp.plus.net with Filezilla from another machine was also not connecting. It turns out it needed a OLD, as in several years old, plusnet account password, Go figure!

(FYI, same plusnet account, and still using the my own router)