cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New issue - continual fibre disconnects

PeteM
Grafter

New issue - continual fibre disconnects

I've been experiencing fibre drop outs this evening and this morning a cycle of drop outs until I turned the router off for 5 minutes. I've got the router plugged into a new Openreach Master socket. May be unrelated, but this does seem to happen about once a year about this time. Last time I raised a fault here, and it sorted itself when someone had a look at my logs.

One phone in the house, believe the line to be fine.

Could someone have a look for me ?

Many thanks,

Pete
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: New issue - continual fibre disconnects

@PeteM PN support is very thin on the ground at weekends. If you follow this 'guide', I or one of the other regular old-timers may be able spot the possible cause:

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
PeteM
Grafter

Thanks John,

I've looked at my Archer's router logs this morning, and as far as I can see the line has been connceted since 2:45 this morning, so it might have fixed itself.

I've done the quiet line test, and it's quiet - I've attached the 2 other BT tests. I'll have a look at the test socket stuff shortly

Pete

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Thanks for that, Pete. The BT speed test looks OK, but I'm a little concerned that you have only been connected since 0245 - this suggests further disconnections later yesterday.

Good that the phone test passed, one thing to cross off the list. You can ignore the test socket stuff, that was only really if the QLT suggested a problem.

Keep  your eyes on the connection, and report a broadband fault if you get more drops.

John