cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting ripped off now

blakeydrb

getting ripped off now

when i first joined plus net would say i had a decent deal this is what i signed up for 

At peak times, we estimate that you'll get the following speeds on your line:
Download: 54 - 72Mb
Upload: 16 - 18Mb
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 49Mb

now the price has gone up i checked what i was getting and this it was it says 

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 32 - 36Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 16 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 29.2Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 40.4Mbps       

so im clearly paying way to much for a [-Censored-] service as its around £15  for what im getting and im paying double that so there cleary trying to stiff me for not only double what i should be paying but also clearly avoiding there guaranteed speed as its short of my original agreement of 49mb there saying 40mb but most speed tests i have done are alot less but given i have a few devices online there score will be likely right but still lower than what im paying for so my question will they fix it or should i ofgem out of my contract to take a better deal else where.

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: getting ripped off now

@blakeydrb Something doesn't look quite correct there. If you provide the details requested below, maybe we can advise.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @blakeydrb, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm extremely sorry to see how low your speeds are at the moment, especially compared to those which were advertised at the start of your contract. Sad 

Testing the line hasn't uncovered any underlying faults with the network, though the line has been artificially banded by Openreach. This is usually the result of errors and retrains, though the line looks fine on my end (RRT) aside from one disconnection late last month. 

Going forward, I've raised a DLM reset with our suppliers, so they'll be un-banding the line within the next 3-5 working days. I can also see that you've raised a complaint online, so a member of our Customer Advocates Team will soon be in touch. I've updated the ticket with the actions taken today too. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from My Account/Billing to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still