cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evening and weekends uk & mobile charges

amlwch

Evening and weekends uk & mobile charges

Has anyone noticed an issue with the evening free call start times since 31st March 2024?

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Re: Evening and weekends uk & mobile charges

Hiya @amlwch

Can you PM us more information on the issue you are seeing.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
amlwch

Earlier this month I made calls shortly after 19:00 BST (i.e. during the free calls period). These were listed by Plusnet as one hour earlier, and therefore charged at standard rates. I contacted Plusnet about this on 26/4; and my complaint that the Plusnet system time had obviously not been adjusted to UK BST was rejected on the grounds that my "landline" time (i.e. the time as set on my handset) must be incorrect. Obviously, it was implied that I - not Plusnet - had failed to change from GMT to BST on 31st March; although I cannot see how Plusnet could possibly have the ability to "read" my handset's time. I was informed that the charges (approx. £17) stand.

I ensured that my handset time was set correctly to BST, and three calls were made yesterday. I see that they have been listed as one hour earlier than they were actually made. I have made another call this morning, and noted both the BST and handset times, for future reference. I remain convinced that the Plusnet system time is incorrect, and that I (and any other "evenings and weekends" customers using the service 19:00-20:00 on weekdays) am being charged for what should be free calls.

I am particularly annoyed that a) I was fobbed off by Plusnet when I initially raised the issue and b) that my original post detailing the problem appeared to have been taken down.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

and my complaint that the Plusnet system time had obviously not been adjusted to UK BST was rejected on the grounds that my "landline" time (i.e. the time as set on my handset) must be incorrect. 

what complete and utter rubbish!

The call billing time is based on Plusnets ( or possibly Openreachs? ) systems , it has nothing to do with any time on your phone!

@SammyM can you check who gave this information

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.