Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone or internet for 7 weeks

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

No phone or internet for 7 weeks

I don't come here very often now as an ex PN customer, but my Dad is still a customer. He is an elderly and vulnerable customer who after a good start, PN seem to have given up on. Apparently there is line replacement due to be carried out which was due to be completed yesterday (despite giving an updated date of the 3rd). He is hearing impaired and had an induction loop on his home phone, he doesn't do mobiles very well. Eventually after toing an froing over Facebook a divert was made to his mobile. Plusnet have failed to keep him updated, despite keep promising to ring him. I have tried to get him to pass over account details so I can check his tickets, but the username/ password combo he has given me is wrong and it appears he hasn't used his email address, so can't use that. He lives 125 miles away, so am unable to drop everything to be with him when he tries to call. I have advised him to make a complaint, but he can't as he has no internet access and can't really hear too well on the mobile. At £9.33 day for each da without service, I would have though PN would be pushing for this repair to be completed.

Very disappointed in the lack of assistance. communication being given to a vulnerable customer, I thought things had improved.

Mark

67 REPLIES 67
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: No phone or internet for 7 weeks

@Marksfish A terrible situation. Is your dad registered as vulnerable? Hopefully one of the Help Team will pick this up sharpish and sort it for you.

John
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @Marksfish 

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened.

The case is with our Customer Assist Team and has been raised as a high priority job to try and get this fixed as soon as possible.

Unfortunately underground ducting work is needed and they've had to book traffic management in for this to be done safely.

As soon as we know more we'll update the ticket further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Thanks Matthew. However, PN keep saying they will update my father and they don't. I have 2 FB messages unanswered today asking them to ring and update him with what is happening and to remind him of his username so I can check what is going on in the ticketing system. Each message replied to promises a call, which never materialises.

I realise Openreach works are outside the control of PN, but to keep the customer in the dark without regular updates is unforgivable, especially knowing that he can't get emails, Whatsapp or similar. A phone call or a text goes a long way to keep the customer happy and informed, especially when timeframes told to be completed by are exceeded.

Mark

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm sorry to hear that @Marksfish 

From what I can see we've been trying to call the mobile on the account and we've also been sending updates via e-mail.

If those details aren't right for whatever reason we'd need them updating.

If you can drop me a PM with what they are I'll see if I can get it updated

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Thank you. PM sent.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

In touch with Matt. Finally managed to login to Dad's online account. Next update 15th December ☹️

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Still no phone or internet. the job was supposed to be finished today. Openreach are really dragging this out 😡

Dad says he has received an EE mini hub today with no letter, instructions, wires or plugs. Can someone give me an idea what he is supposed to do with it and how he uses it for a connection please?

Thanks

Mark

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

- CSC Analyst
4:43pm, Wednesday 20 Dec 2023
This Question is now on hold until Saturday 23rd December at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

Any update on the ticket please, apart from the line is not fixed?

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@Marksfish 

If it is anything like the BT Mini Hub that they supplied when I was with them, it is a WiFi device that receives the broadband signal over the mobile network and creates a wireless network for devices.

Is there a battery cover that can be removed? If so, there may be a sticker inside with the WiFi SSID and password for you to set up your devices to.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

No idea what has arrived Mr_Paul. Matt said a MIFI would be sent if the fault was going to take a while and Dad has confirmed something has arrived. I have no idea whether the sim is included/ inserted/ setup to run? I have asked CS for assistance/ instructions, but the ticket has still not been updated and no response on here today either. I know it is Christmas weekend, but there are staff in and to not update the customer is particularly shoddy given the length of time. I will be seeing my Dad over the period, so at least I will get to see the issues first hand and try to sort out the mini hub (or whatever it is) if he hasn't already done so.

Mark

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

As per my voicemail, the last update we received was Openreach had expected new ducting to be laid by the end of the day on Friday 22nd. Unfortunately we have had no confirmation this went ahead and are not now due an update until 29/12/23. Once this has been received we will be back in touch to advise yourself further

I realise that the line is owned by Openreach, but as my father's ISP, I really don't believe Plusnet are getting a grip on this to complete a full fix in a timely manner. they don't need an update from OR, the line is still not fixed!! This has been going on now since the end of October with the fault finally reported early November. It shouldn't be taking this long, especially as, in the ticket, it says 60 properties are affected.

Mark

JSHarris
Aspiring Pro

Openreach can take a long time to fix lines, even when the fault affects a number of properties.  Our local news highlighted a whole village (about 100 people) left without a connection for weeks back in the summer.  The impression I have is that Openreach has diverted a lot of effort from line repairs to new fibre installation, so extending the repair times for line faults.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Ticket has been off hold since 7am and am awaiting an update.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

@Marksfish One of the escalated faults team will get back to you about it today but I will keep an eye on it whilst I am in until 8pm

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team