Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone or internet for 7 weeks

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: No phone or internet for 7 weeks

@Marksfish Sadly, only to be expected. OpenReach are, to say the least, tardy in their information releasing, and it appears some CPs are almost as slow - if they get the information at all.

How's the ADR route going?

John
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@jab1 wrote:

How's the ADR route going?

I have to wait to get the go ahead from my Dad. Unfortunately he is old school and still believes in customer loyalty, even when it is to his detriment. He is worried about the wording of the ADR letter and, despite my reassurances that PN can't take away his statutory rights in this case, is a bit reluctant to proceed. He also has a fear that is he goes ahead, they will take back the mini hub, which although not brilliant is currently his only real means of reading his emails.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

@Marksfish I realise Openreach hold all the cards, but pressure must be applied to them by the company my father contracts to provide him telephony services.

TBH its difficult for an ISP to apply any pressure to Openreach, other than via the normal escalation channels. OR know that the ISP can't just take their business elsewhere like any other business would normally do when a supplier isnt performing.

Have you tried the email to the CEO route ? I'd send one to the Openreach CEO , cc to Plusnet's CEO. Pressure from above can sometimes sharpen the minds of the various departments to expedite...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Anna Tims of the Guardian often gets things sorted, even in cases where Openreach are involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/series/yourproblems

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Will have to discuss both these options with my Dad, however, another day passes and still no update on the ticket that was released from the pool on Monday!!

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I'm hoping this is a typo

Notification Type: Escalation Update
Openreach reference: 
Case reference: 

What Happened- The job is waiting for DL Civils to complete the duct work. DL Est: WF0G062D ARBD 10/04/24.

jab1
Legend

If that date is correct, @Marksfish  - they are having a laugh at your expense. I am aware of your fathers misgivings, but based on how long this has been going, I would be extremely tempted to go down the ADR route, and impress on them that is totally unacceptable.

John
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I spoke to him last night and impressed upon him the need to continue up the chain. He rang them today from what I see and wasn't given much better need over the phone, so I think he will allow me to start proceedings for him now.

Mark

jab1
Legend

Good - please keep us informed, because this is a totally unacceptable situation.

John
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Why is no- one monitoring the ticket system? another 12 hours with the ticket off hold and no update 😡

Another monthly bill FOR THE FULL AMOUNT. Requests to suspend the call part of the package which cannot be used are falling on dear ears (ironic really as my Dad really is hard of hearing)!!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @Marksfish 

I'm really sorry to hear there's been no update on this today.

The team who deal with the welfare cases have gone home for the day but I've asked that this be picked up first thing tomorrow for you.

We have been advised in the meantime that the fault may be fixed now and our tests aren't showing a issue anymore. Have you been able to check?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the update Matthew, I will ask my Dad today if the issue is resolved. Of course, if the ticket had been picked up today as it should have been, Plusnet would have already advised of this.

Mark

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Hi @MatthewWheeler . I am on the phone to my Dad now and there is a modicum of success. The internet is now working. The phone is working to a degree. He can dial out, but there is no dial tone. He only found that dialling out was possible by mistake. Obviously we don't know if the phone rings on incoming as the incoming calls are still diverted to a mobile.

Dad has asked that any future phone contact is spoken slow and clearly. The agent who rang him today spoke fast and couldn't be understood. It was in the notes at one time, but it is so far up the thread, it will be missed by agents.

Once the dialling tone is restored and we know the phone rings incoming, he is happy to close the fault, but these must be restored first.

Thanks

Mark

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I left the following on the ticket last night. the ticket has been "moved to the correct pool" by a team manager this morning at 8.25am, but not updated (quelle surprise!!)

Your Response
6:31pm, Thursday 8 Feb 2024
Hello

I have spoken to Dad tonight. The divert is either still on or was never removed for him to test. He still has no dial tone and obviously we do not know if the ringer works while diverted.

Come on, you are so close to completing this, why is it now taking so long?
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Can anyone confirm if the divert has been removed yet? All weekend with the phone still diverting, even though told it would be removed. No dial tone, but able to dial out as described several times on the ticket and here. No answer? Probably because of the bad mobile signal.

Thank you for your patience while we're investigating this issue.
I tried to call but there was no answer.
I have tested your line today but i was unable to find a fault. As such we would need to arrange for an engineer to visit.
Available appointments are Monday to Friday 8am - 1pm or 1pm - 6pm.
Please advise so we may proceed with the investigation.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch by phone on 0330 123 9123 if we can assist with anything else.
You can get answers to most questions using our support pages by going to Help and Support where you can find helpful guides for most issues.

Fault Ref: No open fault at this time.
TLOS: N

Notes: NFF when testing.

Next agreed customer contact: 13/02
Agent FB N

I'm hoping there will be no charge for an engineer visit after this terrible experience for him?

Mark