cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail and Plusnet Call Protect

oilcloth

Voicemail and Plusnet Call Protect

I tried to register for Voicemail and Plusnet Call Protect some months ago.  Despite the process of selecting these appearing to have worked properly I now see a message these are awaiting activation.  This has been like it is for ages and any further action on my account is locked out pending this activation!
Why hasn't this competed properly? 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voicemail and Plusnet Call Protect

This is of no help towards answering your question, BUT the fact you are looking to do 'further action' on your account, would imply that you want to make changes to a telephone service that you wish to continue using.

Just asking, but are you aware that landline telephone services like yours will be withdrawn over the next year to eighteen months, and switched off completely at the end of 2025 ?

Rather than spending your time trying to overcome Plusnet's long time broken web console for changing your landline features, perhaps you might want to research how to upgrade your landline service to the replacement VoIP technology that allows you to continue using your existing phone number and handset - except you will require an adaptor to convert your handset to be plugged in to your broadband router (instead of the BT phone socket).

Unfortunately, Plusnet don't provide a VoIP replacement for exiting customers with traditional landlines, so you will have to find another third-party provider and migrate your phone number to them.

If you need advanced features such as having the equivalent of 'Call Protect' etc, you will need to look carefully at what the VoIP suppliers actually provide.

The good news, is that VoIP phone calls are usually much better quality than traditional landlines, and can be MUCH cheaper.

There are several topics about this in the Plusnet Home Phone Forum,  usually mentioning "VoIP", "SoGEA", "Digital landline", etc

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

@oilcloth wrote:

I tried to register for Voicemail and Plusnet Call Protect some months ago.  Despite the process of selecting these appearing to have worked properly I now see a message these are awaiting activation.  This has been like it is for ages and any further action on my account is locked out pending this activation!
Why hasn't this competed properly? 

@oilcloth I understand what @Anonymous is saying, but it may not help your situation - below is my standard response to those who have been in your situation, and hopefully a Help Team staffer will be along shortly to sort it for you:

You will need a staff member to sort this - the (supposedly) automatic method of clearing this message on completion of account changes is totally broken - or it could be BT's B2B system at fault.

Whichever it is, it needs sorting, but don't hold your breath.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @oilcloth 

I've completed the change, apologies this wasn't done automatically. 

Let me know if you have any further issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet