Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another tardy refund

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Another tardy refund

Having previously reassured other customers that a refund will happen once you have received a bill showing a credit, and a subsequent bill showing a debit of the credit amount as the refund is made resulting in a zero bill, I now find myself in a position where I have now received two successive bills showing the same credit - and no refund.

Normally I'd be fairly relaxed about a relatively small sum, but I am being forced to change bank account soon (bank is closing my type of account) so the DD will go away soon. I don't want to set up a new DD just for the refund, and I don't want to go though the previous problems I've had with Plusnet refunds without a DD in place.

Can a staff member take a look please? It is the one remaining mobile account - and then I'll be gone...

12 REPLIES 12
corringham
Seasoned Champion

Re: Another tardy refund

Oh well, despite James taking a look and assuring me the repayment would be made in a week or so, we have now passed the next DD date without a refund. 

I assume that it will now have to wait for the next billing cycle in 2+ weeks, and then the next DD cycle in a month to actually receive the refund - by which time my bank is likely to have changed so the DD will bounce.

Why does Plusnet make simple things so hard?

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@corringham - Hi, let me have a gander, can you DM me with your full name and mobile number again so I can look at your account please? Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@James30 any progress? my bank account - and hence the DD - will likely go away in a week or so. It will be closed before the next billing date so if the refund isn't processed imminently it will have to by cheque.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@corringham I'm really sorry but I can't see you PM and we can't talk about your account publicly. Did you send in a PM and can you try sending another or perhaps message on Facebook or twitter?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@James30 I replied by PM on Monday, and have just replied again.

I don't use Facebook or twitter.

Edit: In any case the details are the same as in the first PM I sent, which you did reply to so you could refer back to that.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@corringham  Hiya, the problem as that as I can see you PM on the system we use, I can't message you on a PM and I can't give account specific info publicly.

I'll try to initial the PM to see if that works. Thanks

Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@James30 I have received your PM asking whether I have received your PM, and I have replied. Have you received that?

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@corringham  - It's still not showing a PM on the system that we use which means that I can't reply with account specific information. I'm sorry for that but I'll pass on the system issues to my manager. Can you ring on 0800 079 1133 and the mobile team can help that way instead?

Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@James30, I'll add it to my to-do list for when I have time. I expect the DD has probably gone away today anyway, so the refund will take weeks anyway...

P.S. I'm not sure you need to reply with account specific information anyway - surely you just need to trigger the refund?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Think I've located the account, can't go into too much detail here, but we're sending a cheque today. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@Gandalf , if that was my account then thanks. I'll look forward to the cheque!

However, I see that this month's bill was raised today, and it still shows a credit balance, and zero charges. I had expected there to be a charge to cancel out the credit balance as the repayment is made - I guess that will take another month?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Yeah if the bill date was yesterday then would’ve been too late for the adjustments to take effect on that bill, so it’ll be next month’s bill that’ll see a zero balance. Apologies for the bad experience you’ve had, should’ve been refunded automatically (proactively), but for some reason that didn’t happen here, so I flagged it up! 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet