cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge an old Plusnet Account with New Plusnet Account?

jtagnew

Merge an old Plusnet Account with New Plusnet Account?

Hello,

I'll be returning to Plusnet shortly after being with another provider for 2 years. When I tried to sign up using my old Plusnet account (opened in 2003) I was not able to order the FTTP service, so I ended up having to create a new Plusnet account to do so.

Is it possible to replace the Plusnet username in the new account with the name from the old account?

Thanks,

John

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

Re: Merge an old Plusnet Account with New Plusnet Account?

Is it possible to replace the Plusnet username in the new account with the name from the old account?

I'm afraid not!

Even if it were possible, there's very little point with new accounts. Since there is no longer any email facility I can't think what other use there is for the account name other than to login to the member centre ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

I recall many, many years ago, after a brief absence elsewhere (for very good reasons) the good people at PlusNet were indeed able to reactivate broadband on my old account, but it was not simple and definitely a tricky manual process. Nowadays, as noted above, there's no need and no motivation.

I now have a different account having moved to a new SOGEA FTTC line having cancelled the old ADSL service which ran on a BT phone line. The BT number has moved to A&A and PlusNet email I long ago ceased to use..

jtagnew

Thanks for the replies, I'll live with the new Plusnet account as it's not the end of the world.

Regards,

John

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Any historical means of resurrecting an old account disappeared with the new billing system. As I understand matters, it has security interlocks to ensure that an account name cannot be reused.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.