cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move out without a new address for short-term

tiff

Move out without a new address for short-term

Hi there,

I would appreciate it if someone could help me with my problem. I plan to leave my current address soon and travel for a month before moving into my new home. Unfortunately, I do not have the new address yet, as it is a new building still under construction. Therefore, I am unsure what to do during this gap month. Additionally, I would like to continue using the same plan after moving into my new home.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from an expert. Thanks a bunch Smiley

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Move out without a new address for short-term

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

@tiff What is your current contract? Do you know what telecoms provision is to be made at the new address?

It is not possible to 'pause' a contract in the way you would like - in this situation, you would have to terminate your current contract and take out a new one when you move into the new property.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@jab1 wrote:

It is not possible to 'pause' a contract in the way you would like - in this situation, you would have to terminate your current contract and take out a new one when you move into the new property.

I'm not sure what the current position is, but it used to be possible to pause a contract in exactly that way - a few years ago I paused mine for 3 months (was intended to be 1 month, but the purchase of my new house got held up). You still pay the monthly cost, but with no service - even with a 3 month gap it worked out cheaper than early termination charges and a new account.

jab1
Legend

Fair enough, @corringham , but even if that 'pause' is still available, the OP would, I suspect, not be able to have the same contract at a new location - there is no phone component available (WLR stop-sell) and I would also guess no FTTC provision.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

I'm not sure what the current position is

Likewise

@tiff you need to call in and speak to the Home moves team to see what may be possible.

If the new property isnt built yet then it may not be possible to determine what products will be available at the new address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion

@jab1 wrote:

...the OP would, I suspect, not be able to have the same contract at a new location 

I don't see that as an issue - when I moved I went from a FTTC connection to ADSL (not even ADSL2+), so it did start a new contract but didn't involve terminating the old contract with ETCs.

jab1
Legend

OK @corringham - I'm not looking for a fight, but things have changed recently - as you are aware - and maybe there are different restrictions - IDK.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@jab1, yes lots of things have changed - many not for the better ☹️ However, I don't see why Plusnet would have to change things to be impossible just to be awkward - unless that's what they want.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@tiff wrote:

I plan to leave my current address soon and travel for a month before moving into my new home. Unfortunately, I do not have the new address yet, as it is a new building still under construction.

I would hope that within a month of build completion that the address of the new property would be known.

In the past, so long as there is a 'target' address it has been possible to 'establish' a house move with 30 days between cease and reconnect.  The wriggle room is that once the arrangement is established ... the reconnect can be rescheduled... Wink

To 'establish' a house move, there needs to be clarity on the address and what services are available there.  I suggest that you speak with the developer to determine where they are with the local council on establishing a proper address for the property, as that is a prerequisite for entry on PAF.  An alternative is via a UPRN - see Search - FindMyAddress

This needs help from one of the long in the tooth forum staff.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.