Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation date

RM5
Hooked

Broadband activation date

Hi .

I’m new customer,my broadband activation date is set for 4th April.

is it any chance to change this date for anytime before 30th March,as it’s my last day with BT.

Didn’t realise it will take so long for activation and looks like I will be without heating for couple of days (nest thermostat)

Thank You for any help You can offer.

14 REPLIES 14
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

Re: Broadband activation date

If you've requested that Plusnet transfer your service from BT then your BT service should continue until the transfer happens, UNLESS  you've cancelled directly with BT. In that case Plusnet can't place the order until your BT service ceases.

Is the 4th April a confirmed date or just an estimate ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

@RM5 Welcome to the forums. What service - ADSL/FTTC/FF, are you on with BT, and what have you ordered from Plusnet?

John
RM5
Hooked

jab1,it’s Plusnet fibre 50-69mb with Hub two dsl.

jab1
Legend

So, @RM5 , this is an FTTC to FTTC transfer? Can you answer @MisterW 's question above, please?

John
RM5
Hooked

It’s fibre 74 and on tracking page show completion date 4th April.

RM5
Hooked

It’s FTTC.

jab1
Legend

Did you tell BT you were moving, or did you leave everything to Plusnet to organise?

John
RM5
Hooked

Cancelled everything with BT

RM5
Hooked

Told them I’m moving 

jab1
Legend

That is not the way to do it - you should have just placed an order with PN and left it to them to sort. BT will now place a cease on your service, and there is nothing that can be done by PN to bring the changeover forward - there is an OFCOM mandated 10-day transfer hold which cannot be over-ridden.

John
RM5
Hooked

Ok,☹️ thanks for helping.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

Oh dear! I suspect the tracking is just showing an estimated date. BT will have placed a cease on your line to complete on the 30th.Until then no other ISP can place an order. You an either wait for a staff member to pick this thread up and confirm what's happening or call customer services to check the status of the order.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@MisterW wrote:

Oh dear! I suspect the tracking is just showing an estimated date. BT will have placed a cease on your line to complete on the 30th.Until then no other ISP can place an order. You an either wait for a staff member to pick this thread up and confirm what's happening or call customer services to check the status of the order.

Somewhat late to the party...

In this scenario there is zilch Plusnet can / could do about the matter.  The most pragmatic way forward would have been to tell BT Retail to cancel the cancellation request ... THEN ask PlusNet to resubmit the order as a working line take over for your preferred date.

As @MisterW states, with an outstanding cease order on a line, no ISP can place take over orders until AFTER the cease has completed.  There is at least a 5 day lead time on provisioning broadband.  Thus BT cease on 30th and Plusnet provide by 4th April clearly matches these practices.

If one wants to migrate from one provider to another ONLY EVER TELL THE NEW PROVIDER.  That will ensure that there is less delay and minimise the risk of having no internet for a few days.