cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old router dropping connections

Bolanboogie

Old router dropping connections

Hi there,

I have had my router for quite a few years now. It's the old one - I think it's called the hub one. It's little anyway. I'm always having to restart it as I keep losing connection. My friend recently moved ISP and he has the hub 2. He said he would give it to me. Will it work or will it have to be reconfigured?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Bolanboogie

Re: Old router dropping connections

Obviously I mean he still has the hub 2 from Plusnet going spare.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

@Bolanboogie When you say it keeps losing connection, exactly what do you mean? It may not be the Hub itself, it could easily be your connection/the Openreach infrastructure  at fault.

If you do use another Hub, not supplied direct to you, you will need to set it up for your account, and advise PN that you have acquired it, so it can be correctly associated with your account.

John
Bolanboogie

Sometimes I have to restart my phone as the Wi-Fi on it won't. Sometimes I have to start my Amazon cube TV. Other devices also. Sometimes the router itself is flashing but works on a restart. Idk.

I do know I have a bit of a bad line. I only get 55 MB tops. I've read a few times in the forum that there's more reliability with the hub too. It does have the little removable tab that has the passwords for the router and admin.
jab1
Legend

Can you post the details from the 'WAN' tab on your Hubs Error log, please? And your Help Desk page, obscuring personal details.

John
Bolanboogie

I can continue this tomorrow if that's ok.
Is this still the address for it:

192.168.5.1/helpdesk

jab1
Legend

Tomorrow is OK, although I have a couple of things to do, so response times may be a bit slow.

I thought the Hubs address was 192.168.1.254, unless you've changed it, but this is the page I need:-

HubOneTroubleshootingHelpDesk.png

John