cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using A BT Smarthub, An Update

mapidd
Hooked

Re: Using A BT Smarthub, An Update

Hi, Been using BT Hub for a while. I have a recent issue in that WiFi drops out and I lose Internet access. Router glows orange. Phoning PlusNet their automated system tells me my line ok. Obviously power reset cures but issue returns. Can be in hours, a day or even 2. It's getting a bit of a problem working from home. Anyone had anything similar or any ideas? Thanks.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

@mapidd If you start your own topic on the Broadband board, I will post a guide which will help other Community members to assist you.

John
Midcreek

Had a similar issue with a BT Smarthub, eventually resulting in its refusal to connect.  Plusnet arranged for an engineer who corrected a fault in the local cabinet - but even then the BT hub would not connect.  I had a spare Plusnet Smarthub 2 and that worked perfectly when plugged in, so I'm continuing with it.  I had to reconfigure my network slightly to allow for 3 ethernet sockets instead of 4 and the inability to split the 2.4 and 5 wireless SSID's, but it's now much more reliable.

Lesleylou2

Thank you very much for your reply.
I really don't have much of a clue about any of this. So would you recommend that I try to reconfigure the hub, which I don't really understand, or just change back to BT Business and get connected to the discs that way.
The annoying part of it was that BT put my monthly payments up so much and couldn't give me a good price when my contract ended. Now I'm a new customer, in effect, they are offering a good price again. It's doing my head in 🤯