cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working

reid88

Broadband not working

Hi, I reported an issue with our broadband on Saturday and I was told that they identified an issue and an engineer would be sent out on the same day. Since then I’ve had no response, I called on Sunday and they advised me that there’s no update. So I’m not entirely sure what is happening and when this will be fixed, everytime I call I just get a response of no update

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Broadband not working

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Re: Broadband not working

Hi @reid88

I'm really sorry for how long it's taken to get back to you. We've been quite busy recently so it's taking longer than we'd like to reply.

I can't find any accounts with the details on your forum profile. Can you drop me a PM with your full address and postcode so I can try and locate the account that way?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team