cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband - slow speeds

coral54

Broadband - slow speeds

We are having problems  due to low broadband speeds. We have turned the router on and off as suggested and done a speed test which shows both output and input are below 10.

I have sent a text message asking for help on two occasions now. ( last night and this morning) but have had no response.

I have taken screenshots of the speed tests, but who do I contact if 5hey are not responding?

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 281

Re: Broadband - slow speeds

@coral54 Welcome to the forums. Which service  and router do you have - I'm guessing FTTC, but we do need to know some basic details in order to advise.

John
coral54

Thanks John.

our Broadband is a  Fibre to cabinet connection and we have upgraded to the Plusnet Hub Two router.

I have just done another speed test and the download speed has improved to 17.68 Mbps and the Upload speed is 9.33 Mbps, which are well below what was promised.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 281

Thanks, @coral54 for that info.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband Availability Checker (obscuring your phone number), where a landline phone is no longer supplied or known use the address version BT Broadband Address Availability (obscuring your address)

BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS'. - if it will run ,This test is recommended to be performed with only one device connected.

Sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would also be of help.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

Where the phone line is still active, it may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hiya @coral54 

I'm sorry you are experiencing an issue with your speed and for the hassle this is causing you. 

Testing is not picking up a fault and it is showing the speed to the router as 40Mbps. 

Could you give the steps @jab1 suggested and let us know the results. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team