Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed slower than it used to be

FIXED
aginart
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Broadband speed slower than it used to be

For about a week in September, our broadband connection kept dropping off at least every hour. Rebooting our hub2 router had no effect. The router reported no broadband access. Since then we had no more disconnections. However, we now seem to have a lower download speed than before. Our contract says that we have a minimum download speed of 39 Megabits guaranteed but a few tests on speedtest.net or fast.com report a download speed of 24Megabits maximum. Tried to use the Plusnet text support by texting HELP on the number provided(07800008121) only to get an answer from the bot saying that my mobile number does not match any account, even though it is the number I used in my broadband account details. Frustrating!

12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 428

Re: Broadband speed slower than it used to be

Moderator's note:
Post released from the automatic Spam Filter.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 281

@aginart Are you on FTTC (with phone) or SoGEA (without phone)?

John
aginart
Hooked

Hi John, I assume we are on SoGEA as we do not have a landline.

jab1
Legend

In that case, you are on SoGEA, and the only way to progress this is by calling Support.

John
aginart
Hooked

Mmm, thanks John, I tried that twice this morning on 03301 239123 which gave me the usual automated menu and told me to try the text HELP option, but when I pressed 9 to get to speak to someone, the system just hung up after a few seconds of nothing. Not what we have been used to with Plusnet in the past.

jab1
Legend

As I'm no longer with PN, I don't know exactly how it works, but if you select the 'I have a fault', similar option, it should put you in a queue for an agent.

John
aginart
Hooked

Yep, that's the number I tried. I raised a ticket with them and we'll see what they say. Thanks for your kind responses.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Once you could raise a fault using https://faults.plus.net

The link still takes you to the Broadband Troubleshooter page, so it may still work.

HTH

aginart
Hooked

Yes thanks, I did raise a ticket on their website this morning.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

@aginart as it's been raised as a HLE complaint I have to leave it for those guys but should be picked up either today or tomorrow for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
aginart
Hooked

Thanks very much for letting me know.

aginart
Hooked

Fix

Just to let you know, I had a phone call from a very helpful chap at the Plusnet Customer Advocates team who explained that the drops in our broadband connection may have been caused by Openreach working on the line. In turn, these issues caused instability problems which caused a permanent change on our line explaining the lowering of our connection speed. He has reset our line and it now looks that our speed is back to where it should be. Problem solved. Thanks to all of you on this forum who kindly responded to us. Best regards to all.