Plug has no prongs for my socket

Aligrant

Plug has no prongs for my socket

How do I plug in power cable if it is no prongs
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Plug has no prongs for my socket

@Aligrant Welcome to the Plusnet Community Fora.

The power plug comes in two parts that fit together, both parts should be in the box with the hub.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Aligrant 

To expand on @Baldrick1 's response:

It is very common these days for manufacturers to make one power supply for worldwide use - it helps reduce production costs because they can make far larger quantities than if they made a separate unit for each country.

As you are probably aware, different parts of the world use different types of wall power socket. Therefore, the manufacturer makes one power supply, but a range of clip-on adapters to suit the countries the power supply is to be "supplied" in.

Sometimes they include just the one for that region, sometimes they include a number of them for different parts of the world. I guess that it works out cheaper for them to make extra ones that won't be used, than to make separate packages with just the correct one.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Very true @Mr_Paul  but I suspect that in this case the motivation is that it allows the hub and accessories to be packed in a thin enough box to fit through a standard letter box.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'