cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i get help with a connection thats down again?

wattyuk

how do i get help with a connection thats down again?

I recently had a second plusnet account in another property and it was down for a few days recently and it was found to be a openreach fault, i cant use the HELP SMS option as it only sees my original ( and still active ) account.

Long story short my connection has stopped working again, all equipment is fine and nothing in the property has changed, all basic fault finding steps have been done and I had even left the router unplugged for a few hours.

Its rather annoying that you have to go on forums / sms to get assistance ( I do however appreciate the assistance the forum members provide )

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 281

Re: how do i get help with a connection thats down again?

You call support on 0330 123 9123

John
wattyuk

Thanks for that the chap was very helpful, What i did notice is that for some reason be that network configuration on the ISP side I am no longer able to have the hub2 in bridge mode as it now refuses to connect to the ISP if in bridge mode ( no settings or equipment changed my end and was previously working ) I now cant use the hub iin bridge mode if i want a connection to the ISP.

Hopefully a firmware update can be rolled back if thats what happened in the first instance to make it stop working.

Thanks

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 281

That is a totally different issue and one that I can't answer, I'm afraid - I have never used a Hub2, and am unlikely to, I am not with PN any more.

@MisterW ?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

I am no longer able to have the hub2 in bridge mode as it now refuses to connect to the ISP if in bridge mode ( no settings or equipment changed my end and was previously working )

@wattyuk Bridge mode doesn't, and never has done, make a connection to the ISP. It acts purely as a modem, you need a router connected to one of its LAN ports to make the ISP connection. The router needs its WAN configuring for PPPoE with your PLusnet credentials.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wattyuk

Hi thanks for the reply, I know that's how I had my opensense router configured and working,  what I meant by not getting a connection is when its now in bridge mode it stops working as a modem and does not sync the connection from cab to hub, it was all working fine before my outage no configuration had been changed and was working prior to my outage, 

I now have to have it in normal operation mode otherwise i get nothing on the hub, I had an agent on the phone and they could not contact the router when in bridge mode and the moment i take it out of bridge mode it is visible the the NOC.

I can only think an update of sorts was pushed out as previously mentioned it was all working fine prior, just hope this helps someone out who may also have the same issue, I do mean to test in a few weeks to see if I can put it back into bridge mode, I will post an update on my finding on here.

But for now at least I have an interim workaround.

thanks again.