Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions for switching from bb to ff

FIXED
utopia-dystopia

questions for switching from bb to ff

hello

we are currently on broadband unlimited and are seriously considering switching to full fibre but we have questions

does this affect the broadband unlimited contract, meaning should we wait til the contract ends to consider switching over, and are we correct in assuming if we make the switch over to full fibre there will be no landline telephone connection to pay for 

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: questions for switching from bb to ff

Fix

If you currently have a BB+phone contract, a new Full Fibre one is required, but this does not incur any early termination charges.

The price you pay for the FF obviously  doesn't include a 'landline' charge, as you don't have one.

If you wish to switch, you are best giving Customer Options (0330 123 9123) a call to see what the best offer  that they can give you is.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@utopia-dystopia 

Have you confirmed Full Fibre is available to you.One way of checking is to use the following.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

You need to see WBC FTTP in the left hand column and Available over to the right. There will also be a narrative below the results window stating if any install problems are expected.

While there is no "phone" line to pay for you're still paying for a line. Whether copper or fibre is still needs to be serviced and paid for so there is little saving to be made by dropping the phone service.

Finally, are to happy to give up your landline and number totally or do you plan on "porting" the number to an independant VOIP provider. You have 30 days to do so after your phone service ceases.

If FTTP is available PN will happily upgrade you at any time at the cost of a new contract. I don't think there are any charges relating to the cancellation of the phone - but they'll tell you if there are.

Brian

utopia-dystopia

thank you @jab1 

utopia-dystopia

thank you @bmc 

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

@utopia-dystopia : I`m having the same issue and started a thread of my own in the `Home Phone" section about ditching our home phone and going for Full Fibre (FTTP) when my current FTTC + Phone contract ends mid-October this year. And as bmc mentioned above, the pricing may not drop very much due to the phone line being terminated because the connection will still be there for data (rather than telephone calls) even though the speed factor may be better.

I`ve yet to call customer options on the 0800 number above and as jab1 has also mentioned, re-contracting for FF before my existing contract ends won`t (or shouldn`t) result in early termination fees. So, the choice is mine now to make.