cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

harps1h
Grafter

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

I am currently on the extra with the pro add on and paying 16.49 for a non contract. My Download is around 18.5mb and upload is around 1mb, however when i go to the upgrade page it suggests the max speed is only around 8mb, in fact it reports my current package as being 8mb. I would like to upgrade assuming that my speed will be at current levels
Ronski
Rising Star

Your speed won't change, they use BT speed estimates to suggest your speed, which are sometimes incorrect.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Quote from: Chris
Quote from: dsw
When viewing on mobile you can't actually see what it's going to cost either, the summary.

You won't get the cart on the right hand side as that's how it's designed, but you should get a confirmation page at the end?

Looks fine to me?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: harps1h
I am currently on the extra with the pro add on and paying 16.49 for a non contract. My Download is around 18.5mb and upload is around 1mb, however when i go to the upgrade page it suggests the max speed is only around 8mb, in fact it reports my current package as being 8mb. I would like to upgrade assuming that my speed will be at current levels

We've got a bug open to fix that already, it's giving ADSL Max speeds instead of ADSL2+.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: billnotben
It's already been answered that there will be no problem if you enter a contract for essentials or unlimited then decide to move from one to the other.
But in doing so will you begin another 12 month contract?

No, you are free to move between the new ADSL products whilst preserving whatever contract you have.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I applied for the unlimited today  Wink   no change in cost for me ,,,,,,  but was surprised  by the date on the page  Cheesy
01/01/1970 ????Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Bazza
Grafter

Yes I sniggered a little when I noticed that on my order  Grin I guess everything isn't quite in pace yet.
madjbright
Grafter

We currently do not have Fibre on my cab but are scheduled for full FTTP at some point in the future (hopefully sooner rather than later). If I switch to unlimited ADSL with a 12 month contract now will I be able to switch to a fibre product when it becomes available without penalty?
And when will you provide details for FTTP as well as FTTC?
dsw
Grafter

Try on iPhone Bob. The summary flashes on then off then on as you scroll.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: ReedRichards
I'm on a Market 1 Exchange, with two LLU providers now, but still Market 1.  I'm on the Value package at £12.99 per month and manage to stay within my 10GB monthly allowance by  getting up early so most large files can be downloaded during the free hours of midnight to 8 am.
No incentive to switch to Essentials: same price £12.99, same traffic limits and I would have to tie myself in for 12 months, instead of no contract as at present.
Unlimited seems quite attractive but still an extra £4 a month at £16.99.  I could download when I like and without being inhibited by having to watch my usage.  That's probably worth the extra £4 per month but it's not a complete no-brainer.  And much as I like Plusnet (which I really do), I guess I should also price what the LUU providers have to offer.

I'm in the same boat - it WOULD be a no brainer for me to switch to Sky BUT I've paid Plusnet rental in advance til July AND Sky phone calls will be more expensive......just wish OFCOM would get their finger out on classification of exchanges!!!!!
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

my bill went from 17.99 to 9.99 - well pleased!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: rongtw
I applied for the unlimited today  Wink   no change in cost for me ,,,,,,  but was surprised  by the date on the page  Cheesy

Not sure whether or not this 'problem' existing before this morning. I also suspect the date will correct itself once the account change is complete. The fact that it's showing the Unix epoch suggests that nothing's been populated for that database entry yet.
Quote from: madjbright
We currently do not have Fibre on my cab but are scheduled for full FTTP at some point in the future (hopefully sooner rather than later). If I switch to unlimited ADSL with a 12 month contract now will I be able to switch to a fibre product when it becomes available without penalty?

Yes, you will start a new 18 month contract though.
Quote from: madjbright
And when will you provide details for FTTP as well as FTTC?

When we decide to launch a commercial FTTP offering  Tongue
Quote from: dsw
Try on iPhone Bob. The summary flashes on then off then on as you scroll.

On it ...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

spookypickle
Grafter

Quote from: rongtw
I applied for the unlimited today  Wink   no change in cost for me ,,,,,,  but was surprised  by the date on the page  Cheesy
01/01/1970 ????Huh

Yes I noticed that too it's showing on the pending section of my account, hopefully it will correct itself....
...Unless Plusnet's systems know something about what's really going to happen on Friday (end of the world and all that).  Roll_eyes
Timalay
Grafter

If I switch from the old 250gb fibre extra product to the new unlimited fibre extra 1 month into my 18 month contract.  Would I be charged another £30 activation?
dsw
Grafter

Product changes don't require new activation.