Did you mean: 

Forum pages reloading

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Forum pages reloading

I have a screenshot : D

The auto-reload has been happening a lot more since all the posts a couple of days back - have been finding nearly every move of page causes another one.

Had tried to photograph (the desktop screen) a couple of hours back with mobile phone, but attempting to coordinate the page change with taking the photograph didn't result in capturing the very-fleeting "something else" that appeared before the new page reasserted itself.

However after posting elsewhere just now, it occurred to me to use the "print screen" button on the keyboard.  And hey presto.

20220322-forum-page-reload-2203pm.jpg

Intrigued as to what "collection decibel insight" might refer to (bottom left of screenshot).

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@Penny well done on capturing the zebra screen which points to screen loading and rendering inefficiency. I’ve seen this it looks ugly but is not as functionally annoying as the full page refresh after one has started to “use” the page.

Seen the zebra but not motivated to report it - thank you for doing so and catching it!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

@Penny interesting to see that you don't have any plugins. 

Wonder if my array of ad / tracking blockers are preventing the weird behaviour. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I have an add blocker in Edge.

Do not see the zebra in safari.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

The only plugin I have is Safari v15.4 is AdBlock running on macOS Monterey v12.3 but it is paused for this site. I have seen these bars for long enough. They don't always appear but they're lurking in the background. 

Edit :- I forgot to mention that I have Auto Reload installed as well but for me these bars were appearing long before I installed it.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@dvorak wrote:

@Penny interesting to see that you don't have any plugins. 

How would you know that (?)  from the screenshot (?)

@dvorak wrote:

Wonder if my array of ad / tracking blockers are preventing the weird behaviour. 

Maybe so. I don't use anything like that, just refuse cookies where there's that option, log out of sites I logged into, when I leave, and use duckduckgo for searches in place of google.  Don't really get bothered by ads anywhere, tbh.  The very-regular zebra re-loads here are somewhat tedious, however : )

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

As I said above, I've experienced this banding effect on several occasions and I'm of the opinion that is it caused by a CSS issue when rendering the content divisions. With my finger pointing at the styles used, it may even be as simple as an incorrect application of the tr:nth-child background colour, I don't know having not looked at the source.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH 

Have these issues been raised with the supplier please?