cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting up plusnet email in Outlook (new) in Windows 11

sidsilver37

Problem setting up plusnet email in Outlook (new) in Windows 11

Having been using Outlook 2016 for many years, Microsoft notified me that my outlook.com emails would not be supported come September so I switched to their suggested Outlook (new) for Windows. All outlook.com and gmail set up with no problems but I cannot get my plusnet email onto it. I’ve read the articles on this forum from Raquel and Geoff and the help given by Mav and Dan the Van and have used all the settings they suggest to no avail. I normally get the error message INVALIDCREDENTIALSTEMPORARILYUNAVAILABLE. I’ve tried the recommended settings/port numbers for both pop3 and imap and also the port settings used on outlook 2016 which were 110 and 25. I notice that Raquel was not successful and used a different mail app in the end. I can of course use the old outlook specifically for plusnet and the new outlook for the rest but it bugs me that I can’t get them all in one app. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Problem setting up plusnet email in Outlook (new) in Windows 11

POP3 or IMAP?Huh

I've just installed OFFICE 2021  on new ASUS Laptop, + use POP3;

my settings are as attached-

incidentally Office gives me option to use Outlook 2021 as standard, or NEW version; I prefer old version.

1.png

sidsilver37

Thanks Gel, 

looks like you were setting up outlook.com emails which I had no problem with at all, its the plusnet email which won’t take.

I don’t have access to outlook 2021, only 2016 which Microsoft won’t support with outlook.com emails after September, hence my switch to outlook (new) for windows. What settings are you using for your plusnet email account? I’m also using an Asus laptop (Vivobook) running windows 11

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Outlook for windows ain’t a great product. You need Outlook365 or some other email client.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.