cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Plusnet email account

FIXED
mwbwk

Setting up Plusnet email account

Hello - please be gentle because this is probably such a stupid question that I'm going to feel very foolish when it's answered.

I've looked at all the help pages,   but am STILL unable to create/choose/set up a Plusnet email address,   having moved here yesterday.   The advice basically says

Go to the Member Centre
Click on Email Settings (it's on the menu, on the left)
Click Manage My Mail - this'll show your settings

but nowhere on my account pages can I find any reference to "Email settings",   on the left or anywhere else.    Is this perhaps outdated advice?

Could some kind person please give me a fool's guide on how to create a Plusnet email address?  

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Re: Setting up Plusnet email account

Fix

but nowhere on my account pages can I find any reference to "Email settings",   on the left or anywhere else.    Is this perhaps outdated advice?

@mwbwk yes, its outdated advice!. Plusnet no longer provide an email facility to new customers, hence your member centre account will not show the 'Manage my mail' link

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mwbwk

Ah - that would explain a lot.    Thank you very much MisterW.    Nul points to Plusnet!

I also can't get the usage tracker to work - the welcome letter gives a link but it's not found.

I signed up five weeks ago so there was plenty of time to get my router to me,   but it's still sitting in the warehouse due to problems there.    Just as well someone explained that my BT router could be adapted to Plusnet.  

Not exactly filling me with confidence thus far,   but at least the basic broadband is working.

Renewed thanks MisterW.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@mwbwk It doesnt seem like a good start does it!

In terms of email, most ISPs stopped providing an email facility some time ago, Plusnet joined in last year I'm afraid!.

I signed up five weeks ago so there was plenty of time to get my router to me,   but it's still sitting in the warehouse due to problems there.

I wasn't aware of any problems at the warehouse ? they do occasionally happen but are usually sorted quickly. For information the warehouse distribution is shared across the BT group. 

I'll tag one of the staff to see if they can find out a bit more about the warehouse delay @willcutforth  ? 

Not exactly filling me with confidence thus far,   but at least the basic broadband is working.

There are many people on here who can help if you have questions or problems and Plusnet staff do monitor the forums to assist, so do post if you need assistance.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mwbwk

Thanks MisterW.    In fairness the two people I've spoken to on the phone (day before yesterday and yesterday) have put in specific requests for my router to be dispatched asap.    I think they said the problem arose last Friday and that nothing left the warehouse that day.    Just a shame that in my case with all that notice they left it so late to dispatch - I can understand they don't want to do it too early but with the post in such a muddle in many parts of the country it would seem sensible to err on the side of caution and get routers out in good time.

I'm sure it'll sort itself out soon.   Thank you again.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Routers should be dispatched around 3 days prior to installation. They are sent RM 24h tracked and so ought to arrive in time.

I assume from what you said , that you have an existing BT router which you've managed to reconfigure ?

Plusnet are quite happy for you to use a non-Plusnet router. Having a Plusnet one available is useful if problems arise as support can get disagnostic information from it.

For myself, I don't think I've used a PLusnet router for some time now but I keep a Hub 2 around just in case...

mwbwk

Problem is that BT have tightened up on asking for their routers back,   so I'm expecting a prepaid returns bag to arrive very soon.    They (BT) threaten you with a charge nowadays if you don't send their routers back.    I do need PlusNet to send one out (as I'm sure they will!).

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, I'm aware of that, and Plusnet have adopted a similar policy earlier this year. Hopefully the staff member I tagged earlier can expedite your router delivery. You should get a text/email with the tracking info when its been dispatched, although that can often be received the day after its been sent and if RM are on the ball, the router may have already arrived!

mwbwk

Very much appreciate your help - thank you.