cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email download problem on Samsung mobile

Xionone
Hooked

email download problem on Samsung mobile

I have a Samsung Galaxy A52, email client is Outlook. For a while now emails sent to me via my Plus.net accounts can take over 12 hours to appear on my phone. 

This problem is specific to emails I receive via my Plus.net account, my Gmail, Outlook.com etc emails are all delivered to me promptly..

Anyone have any ideas what is going on and how to fix?

Thanks,

D

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: email download problem on Samsung mobile

I am experiencing a very similar problem on my Amazon Fire tablet.  All other devices (which are not Android) work absolutely fine.  General advice is to ensure that outlook for Android is up to date.  The last update was 7th July (the one before 5th July) ... updates on Android platforms appear to be a weekly occurrence, suggesting bug ridden software / environment.

Unfortunately for me, the Amazon Store does not have an up to date copy.  I know that Google Play and Samsung stores are up to date as I checked over the weekend when raising a query with Microsoft support.

Mine has failed to sync properly since 29th June ... all other devices (Win10 / Win11 running Outlook [proper] and various iOS environments) sync without issue.

Is your installation of Outlook mobile the latest?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Xionone
Hooked

Hi, just checked - latest version of Outlook for Android installed:-(

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Try using the contact Microsoft support option under help. They should ask for diagnostics which might shine some light on the issue. That is what I sought to do … but they want me to update to the latest version … which is not available to me.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Xionone
Hooked

Diagnostics sent to Microsoft - lets see where that goes.