Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Customer With Domain Renewal Problems

Bauhaus100
Dabbler

Another Customer With Domain Renewal Problems

Morning all,

In late December, Nominet informed me that my domain was due to expire as it hadn't been renewed by Plusnet. I called the servicedesk logged the details and was given a ticket reference.

Since then, despite several phone calls to chase progress, the renewal still hasn't been done. It is now over 4 weeks since my initial call and Nominet have just emailed to tell me that the domain expires on Monday. 

My call to the desk this morning was frustrating to say the least. Although the agent agreed it was now an urgent issue, "the back office team aren't in until Monday". 

Can I assume that if it's not fixed by Monday evening, all emails into my domain will cease? 

I used to tell friends and family how great Plusnet were. A combination of how this issues has been handled, the email outage late last year and their lack of FTTP (which I already have through BT) leads me to believe that they are nowhere near as good as they once were.

11 REPLIES 11
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Another Customer With Domain Renewal Problems

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch @Bauhaus100

Please accept our apologies, as it appears as though the two tasks we've raised to our NetOps Team to get this sorted were raised incorrectly, and were therefore rejected. I've re-raised them now, and will let you know once I hear back from them, it should take around 3 working days.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Bauhaus100
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Adam but that's now the third time I've been given that excuse. There's clearly a systemic issue with your ticketing application as, from reading other posts on the same topic, I'm not the only customer to whom this has happened.

My domain registration runs out at midnight tomorrow which, according to Nominet  (see below) means that email addresses using the domain will not longer work. I have been trying for around a month to sort this out yet here we are with a day to go and we're no further forward.

How can I have confidence that Plusnet will resolve this before midnight tomorrow and that I won't be faced with exactly the same problem in 12 month's time?

Your domain name (website address): xxxxxxxx.org.uk has expired and will be suspended in the next 7 days unless it is renewed. 

If your domain name is suspended, any associated services including websites and related email addresses will no longer work. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I understand your concerns @Bauhaus100 and can empathise with you and your lack of confidence in us being able to sort this out efficiently in the future. It's not so much an issue with our ticketing system, it's agent error. Agent's are required to follow very specific instructions when raising tasks with our NetOps Team, the slightest mistake, and the entire task is rejected.

This occurred on your account, the initial task was rejected because the incorrect vISP was used, and the second was rejected as the required NOMINET WHOIS info was not added to the task.

If there are any issues with the task that I've raised today, I'll follow up and will replace it as soon as possible. I can't guarantee a date in which this will be resolved, as tasks with our NetOps Team carry a lead time of 72 working hours.

Adam
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

All sorted @Bauhaus100 

Your domain has been renewed, with a new expiry date of 31/12/2022. This has also been reflected on Nominet WHOIS.

Adam
Bauhaus100
Dabbler

Thanks very much Adam. 

I've given it a couple of days and it looks as though we haven't lost any service. A lucky escape!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great stuff @Bauhaus100, all looks good on our end as well. Smiley

Adam
mattclarke202

Hey @adam945 - I also have domain renew issue - I've tried to DM but don't have privileges to DM is there any way I can get this fixed via the forum please?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

I've tried to DM but don't have privileges to DM

@mattclarke202 you do now!. You have to have made at least one post before you can DM.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mattclarke202

oh brill - thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @mattclarke202, I have picked up and replied to your PM.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team