cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power cut timing?

JPN
Rising Star

Power cut timing?

I've been away for a while, and come back to find the mains power off - the RCD had tripped.   It would be useful to know when this happened. Could Plusnet systems identify the time/date of the outage? There has been no power since the trip, so presumably the modem being off would register with Plusnet?  (All back to normal now).

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Re: Power cut timing?

@JPN 

The Hubs event log might give you a clue, if it's a Plus Hub and you're not sure where to look I can guide you.

HTH

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JPN
Rising Star

Thanks for that suggestion, I should have thought of that!  I have now checked the router log (TPLink TL-WR940N) but it only starts when the power came back on this afternoon, nothing before that.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

That's a annoying feature of some TP-Link modem/routers, hopefully someone from plusnet can help.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@JPN 

Probably not much use to you on this occasion unless you've already set it up, but I've found checking my BQM at thinkbroadband.com useful sometimes to check timings where the power has failed or my router has 'frozen'.

see - Broadband Quality Monitor

JPN
Rising Star

Thanks for that RobPN. Interesting capability. I'm not sure I'd need it for any regular monitoring, but as you say a useful way of getting an outside view of what has been happening.

JPN
Rising Star

It was a bit of a longshot, but I guess the timing info is not available.  Thanks Dan and RobPN for the assistance.