Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website only showing a placeholder

rockhopper
Hooked

Website only showing a placeholder

Missing website

Hi everyone,
I'm an infrequent poster here so please accept my apologies if I've made any errors in where I should post etc.

I was a PlusNet customer for many years until around 2-3 years ago. I moved to BT as they were offering FTTC and at the time PN were not offering FTTC, and had no plans to do so. My main reason was very slow (0.5mbps) upload speeds and we were at the time uploading video for a local band. It was taking all night to upload 3 mins of video!

I explained the situation to PN when I moved over to BT and asked about keeping my hosted domain, email addresses etc and was told that I could keep all of those with PN free of charge, and apart from the emails being temporarily disabled by mistake upon migrating to BT (they were restored promptly!), all has worked well.

Recently, I went to view my (very small) website, with a view to updating it and I only get the "placeholder". Screenshot attached. I'm wondering what has happened to cause this.

• I used Firefox first, then tried using Edge. Both times on a desktop PC running Windows 11 Pro.
  • The same happens if I try using mobile devices.
  • I have checked using an FTP client and all my files are still in the htdocs directory.
  • There is an index. html and index.htm file present in htdocs.
  • I've checked Nominet and the domain is still showing as hosted by PN and has not expired.

I couldn't sign in to the member centre at first, so I reset the password and I noticed that my previous password (very old) didn't meet the requirements of including a special character. My new password does and was accepted when I input it. I have input the new password on my FTP client (FTP Manager Lite 2) and as previously noted, can access the files.

Can someone please have a look into this issue and hopefully let me know if there is any other action I need to take to fix this.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Rockhopper

rockhopper
1 REPLY 1
rockhopper
Hooked

Re: Website only showing a placeholder

This link is to
my website address
so that no personal data is visible.
Thank you.