cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web space help please?

Gunnill
Grafter

web space help please?

My web site is hosted by PlusNet. I want to move these details to my new host. How do I do this? I Cannot find any help online.

My new host is asking me change my 2x name servers to the new service. I have these details but didn’t think I should post them here.

I have been with PlusNet for a longtime. I just need to host my website elsewhere to make it easier to update etc.. I have a basic knowledge but, to be frank I have not got a clue what to do with this.  Grateful for assistance please?

Thx

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Gunnill
Grafter

Re: web space help please?

Extra details to above problem:

<< to update your name servers you need to login to your current domain holder and look for the DNS or Name Servers field and replace them with the two name servers listed below. if you have trouble, you can contact your current domain holder and ask them to do this for you or send us your account login details with them and we can do it for you. >>

I can’t locate on PlusNet where the name servers are, to change them.

Out of my comfort zone grateful for assistance, please?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Beroadband to Everything Else

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

@Gunnill @ can’t locate on PlusNet where the name servers are, to change them

there isn't any facility to change the nameservers. A domain registered with Plusnet can only use the Plusnet nameservers

You should be able to set A records to point to your new web hosting space

Longer term, you probably need to look at moving the domain registration, but if you use Plusnet email, that will be more complicated

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gunnill
Grafter

Many thx. Yes I feel a departure.

Grateful

Mike