cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation day but no broadband

Daniep31

Activation day but no broadband

I’ve received my email earlier this evening to say my broadband is ready to go, but I can’t connect to the internet. My power light is orange and the red broadband light is flashing red. When I try to connect to the wifi on my phone it takes me to a troubleshooting page as it recognises I have no connection, and it basically says I need to wait 24 hours after my activation date. If I’ve had an email today though to say it’s ready, why am I still having to wait another 24 hours?
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Activation day but no broadband

@Daniep31 It can take up to midnight on your 'activation day' for all the systems to mesh. If you are still not connected tomorrow morning, post back and someone will try and help.

Welcome to the forums.

John
Daniep31

Thanks for your reply! So just to confirm it’s now 5am the day after my activation date, and there’s no change. Still faced with an orange light and flashing red broadband light. ☹️
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

OK - first idea, reset the router by pressing a paper-clip  in the reset hole for 30 seconds or so, then leave it alone for 10 minutes or so. Report the result.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Thanks for your post @Daniep31 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your broadband's not working after moving to us. 

I believe we've since spoken on Twitter not long ago. Feel free to post back here or message us once you've raised the fault if the troubleshooting steps I've suggested don't help and we'll get an engineer booked in for you. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Daniep31

Thank you both for your responses, nothing ended up working so I’ve been sent an engineer who’s just left and seems the problem laid at the green box, so he’s fixed that and now I’m on WiFi for the first time in 3 days! Speed is noticeably better than my Sky was already (guaranteed speed of 6mb wasn’t that good in hindsight). First experience of customer service has been great as well, called up Saturday evening and had an engineer at 9am Monday, couldn’t ask for more, also the help on here and Twitter was fab so thanks!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Cheers for the feedback and post @Daniep31 

Awesome, I'm glad to see we got you back online relatively quickly and your speed is better too after the engineer repaired the line Thumbs_Up No problem at all, let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet