Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing IP Address Range

FIXED
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Changing IP Address Range

I think you have to do them on the devices themselves, so for example I don't know about your NAS, but for my printer I did it on the control panel on it. When I had a HP Microserver (before it died) I would do it through Windows.

But if you play around with subnets it can break other things. What someone said is true, if you've got an old laptop or your phone configure it manually to talk to your NAS and change it. Best policy I guess is to change the IP of the device which isn't working, and it won't affect the ones that do.

Just thought of another thing, and people know more about networks more than me tell me if I am wrong. Could you not change the subnet mask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0 to gain access temporarily or is that dodgy?
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Duplicate post removed.
ferdi_zimmer
Hooked
Fixes: 1

The NAS I can apparently do on its own management page. This should be the easy bit and I am not actually sure now whether I need that.

From memory, it used to be the printer that kept reconfiguring its IP address and our computers could forever not find it. Must look at its own config page. There may well be something.