Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing (dynamic) IP address

cooldude50
Rising Star

Re: Changing (dynamic) IP address

TY 4 reply

IP situation changed a few hours later, if someone is able to shed any light on this would be appreciated

Previously i was lodging where Internet was Plusnet, I found when account holder didnt pay on time/no direct debit could be taken/no valid card details were on account whilst there were no customer restrictions for a period of I guessing was 14 days from due date  I found IP addresses were "reduced" to these ranges  209.93.118. 209.93.194. 147.147.196.

Each time bill was paid by card over the phone at that time, after rebooting router IP addresses returned to normal as in lots of IP ranges/lots of different IPs

The above occured each time as described thus no coincedence isnt due to other reasons for IPs becoming static/USA only/new network as described in posts within Plusnet forum.

For several hours I have now found that only IPs I can get are the same as above, I paid year up front thus bill due isnt reason.

Internet working perfectly fine with no issues, ability to vary IP address very important to me was a major factor in my choosing Plusnet.

These are IP ranges I am currently stuck on ( these ranges never normally come up  bar as described above)

209.93.194. ,,,

147.147.196. ......

I did get this once this morning - never seen an IP range like this before, after router re-connect  reverted to an IP range above

51.6.56. ....

Ive done numerous Router reboots and also done a router reset

I would be happy to pay extra within reason to get back to what have been fantastic variety of IP addresses changes that I have had for last two months up until early hours of this morning and also previously for 18 months when I lived elsewhere with a Plusnet service.

( I am on ADSL didnt seem practical to start a new thread)