cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant connection drops. Broswing is horrid. LoL Unplayable.

NotBobbyKotick
Dabbler

Constant connection drops. Broswing is horrid. LoL Unplayable.

Hi.

Over the past few weeks I've been experiencing frequent connection drops when gaming and browsing. Every few minutes my browser will completely hang-up while trying to load web pages. When streaming video I often have to refresh the page because video stops buffering.

Games will lag-spike while playing usually resulting in a session split from a GTA Online lobby or a complete disconnect from GTA servers. My nephew has been trying to play League of Legends for days but cannot establish a stable connection to their servers for more than a few minutes at a time. When he switches to his mobile hotspot, the problems cease. He has raised a support ticked with Riot but they have told him the problem is on our end (I forwarded a lot of ports for him trying to solve his LoL problem to no avail).

Discord has also been frequently dropping out.

Both I and my nephew have recently fresh-installed our PCs (for reasons unrelated to this) so faulty software is unlikely to be a problem here. In trying to fix this fault I have reset my router to factory defaults and plugged my router into my test socket.

My speeds seem to be up to scratch but the constant drop-outs are crippling.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Constant connection drops. Broswing is horrid. LoL Unplayable.

@NotBobbyKotick 

Are you connecting over wireless or using an Ethernet cable? If wireless then try an Ethernet cable and report back. This will enable us to see if you have a network or wireless problem.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

NotBobbyKotick
Dabbler

We both only use ethernet.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@NotBobbyKotick 

Then there's only one test left to do. Ring 17070 and check if there's any noise on the line by selecting Option 2. If there is you should report a phone fault as this will be the cause of the drop outs.See  https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If that's OK then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

NotBobbyKotick
Dabbler

I don't have a land phone so I'll have to go and grab one from somewhere. I'll post back when it's done which probably won't be until this evening.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @NotBobbyKotick

Thanks a lot for reaching out on our Community Forum and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your service.

I've run some tests on your line this evening, no underlying faults are being found on the network, however our suppliers have made us aware of a VLAN issue. This relates to equipment at the exchange which might be at fault, causing your disconnections.

I've raised this issue with our suppliers for further investigation, we'll be reviewing the fault on Friday for a further response.

I've created an open fault ticket on the account,m which you can both view and comment on for direct communication with our Faults Team here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds