Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Marketing

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: FTTP Marketing

For each of those .com domains, you should have received an email from eNom with instructions on how to get the EPP code. I don't know what the email will look like or say but should hopefully be self explanatory!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

I've had a number of messages about both domains from 'Name-services.com' about verifying contact details and sharing data with Plus.Net but nothing as yet from eNom and nothing about the EPP codes. Is it possible that the EPP codes would have gone to Plus.Net as the reseller?

Thanks

ecomergy
Rising Star

Ignore my last post. I've just had the two emails come through with the EPP codes!

Many thanks again for your help. I'll be back next week for the final two if all goes well

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, that’s all good to know. 

Incidentally I’m pretty sure I recall going to the Gwynedd Inn many years ago. Good place! I’ve been to Llanberis a few times to climb Snowdon with some friends. I also used to go to “Pete’s Eats” and get giant pots of tea! Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

If you were here after spring 2003, I might well have served you a pint! As for Petes, yes a well known institution and famous for its pints of tea. Sadly closed for the winter season now. It used to be open all year round but lack of staff has hit it hard this year. 

Once the .com's complete I'll let you know and be in touch for the last two .uk's prior to the account change that started this whole thread off.

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ecomergy wrote:
If you were here after spring 2003, I might well have served you a pint! 

Haha nice! It would've been at some point between 2008 and 2013. I used to go to Llanberis almost every year then in December while I was studying at university. 

@ecomergy wrote:
As for Petes, yes a well known institution and famous for its pints of tea. Sadly closed for the winter season now. It used to be open all year round but lack of staff has hit it hard this year. 

Ah I did hear something about Pete's closing and I thought it was a permanent closure, but relieved if it's just for the season, although it's sad that they've had to close at all! Hope things get better for them. 

@ecomergy wrote:

Once the .com's complete I'll let you know and be in touch for the last two .uk's prior to the account change that started this whole thread off.

We've transferred gwyneddhotel.co.uk also. Let me know when the .com's are complete and I'll update our records. 

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Gandalf,

The .com's have now completed so I think I'm ready to transfer the final two .co.uk's - ygwynedd.co.uk and p-1.co.uk.

These are the tricky ones my side when it comes to eMail but everything has gone well so far and I think it will work just fine so long as the settings in my Plusnet mail settings are not removed until I've had a chance to setup all the various aliases and redirects with the new hosting - There are a lot of them! So if you can start these two off, I'll start at the other end.

If you're every back in Llanberis again, come and say hello!

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey @ecomergy

Awesome, I've removed the .com domains from our Domain Control System (DCS) for you, and I've raised tasks to transfer those final two domains to EASY-INTERNET. I'll leave them in DCS until you've confirmed the transfer has fully completed so you can continue to use our nameservers to host them for email, until you make the switch.

Will absolutely drop by the next time I'm in the neighbourhood. Cheesy

Cheers 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ecomergy, those .co.uk domains should now be transferred. Let me know when you've moved the hosting across. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Thanks.

I'll get on it now and let you know when done.

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem and sounds good, cheers 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ecomergy,

Just had a look and I see you've moved the hosting across to EASY-INTERNET for p-1.co.uk and ygwynedd.co.uk. Is it okay if I 'purge' the DNS for those domains from our side now? No worries if you need longer though. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Gandalf,

Yes that's fine. It's all working perfectly so you can purge those records.

So on to the next stage of the project! Remember this all started by me wanting to change packages. It's the Full Fibre 500 deal that I'm after which is now available to both new and existing customers but if you recall we need to change from a business customer to a residential one. I seem to remember that you said its not possible to just convert the account so I would need to open a new one and close the old one which is fine by me. I would however like to make the transition seamless if possible. How would I go about that?

Note - my plan to port the old phone number to a VOIP provider has gone away. The old number is just full of junk calls anyway so I've taken a new number over VOIP already. As such I am not concerned about losing the phone number and line after transition

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @ecomergy 

Cool, that’s good to see. I’ll remove the records when I’m next in the office tomorrow.

Just open a new account from here https://www.plus.net/broadband/full-fibre/ and if you select the option to lose your phone line then that’ll cease along with your business account when your full fibre service and residential account goes live. 

Alternatively if you select the option to keep the phone line, you can cancel your business account separately afterwards, just to try to ensure you have a service in case anything goes wrong with the full fibre installation. Might be some overlap in subscription charges though.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Sounds straightforward, though I'll start that in a weeks time when the season is over! 

Do I have to give notice to close the old one and if so how do I do that or will that just happen? Do you know will the new service appear on the 2nd port of the ONT or will it replace the old service on port 1?

Thanks