If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

Re: FTTP Needed Upstairs Due To Multiple Floors

@MisterW wrote:

Powerline adaptors MAY work. 

To stand a good chance, the sockets ideally need to be on the same electrical circuit, and certainly not on circuits with different rcds ( split load consumer unit )

You need good quality high spec powerlines, don't believe the advertised speed.

What speed fttp product have you got ?

In the past I have successfully used power line adapters - going through a total of 4 consumer units & RCDs in various outbuildings to get to my garden office.  Back then I only had ADSL Max, so the power line adapters gave me full speed - I very much doubt any power line adapter would cope with a decent FTTP speed. You really need something that can handle whatever FTTP speed you have - possibly a mesh system?

bgiles
Rising Star

Re: FTTP Needed Upstairs Due To Multiple Floors

Assuming you have the tools, you could consider running ethernet from the ONT, going up the outside front of the house, into the roof space through the soffit, across to the back, then through the ceiling into your office/games room (if on the top floor), or down the outside back, and into the room where your router is.

Of course, as already pointed out, this would have to be in external grade CAT5e/CAT6 cable.

I know several people who have done this, often concealing the cable behind a rainwater down pipe. 

Plusnet SoGEA
DrayTek Vigor2762 VoIP Router