cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Dropped around 10Mbps since Dial tone Fault Fixed

scjweir001

Fibre Speed Dropped around 10Mbps since Dial tone Fault Fixed

Our Fibre speeds used to be around the mid 60s Mbps until we had a dial tone fault fixed on our line. Now our speeds will not go above 56 Mbps and this is on a wired ethernet connection. After further research on these forums could the dynamic line management(DLM) software at the cabinet be restricting the speed and would a remote reset improve our speeds to what there were before?

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Fibre Speed Dropped around 10Mbps since Dial tone Fault Fixed

Thanks for your post @scjweir001 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your speed has dropped after your phone was fixed.

I've tested your line and the tests aren't showing the cause for this with the profile at the cabinet being "Downstream: 0.128M-80M with Retransmission (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection" so there's no artificial restrictions.

I'd recommend we arrange an Openreach broadband engineer visit to investigate further, because your speed is definitely below where we'd expect. As you've got an open complaint with our complaints team, I've emailed you their direct number you can call your case handler on to discuss further.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet