cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent evening connection drops. Seems to happen only when playing a specific game?

aheath6

Frequent evening connection drops. Seems to happen only when playing a specific game?

Hi, i have a bit of a weird one to share but I'm getting by connection dropping virtually every evening between 7-10pm for a few minutes at a time. It seems to happen almost exclusively when I play a game called Escape from Tarkov. Me and my family do play other online games but it doesn't seem to happen to other games.

I've had situations where I load in a game with other players and get a disconnect, so I close the game and the connection comes back after a few minutes. I'll go do something else for a little while then come back and re-load the game and get it happen again. It's getting incredibly annoying.

This may just be confirmation bias and I'm getting connection drops at other times and just not noticing. That said, I have seen a lot of threads on official forums and Reddit for people who suffer similar issues and some users have ascribed the issues to an issue with translating packets between IPv4 and IPv6 (I have very little idea what these are).

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/gnc735/if_you_are_having_disconnectsdesync_and_yo...

Is anyone able to provide some insight?

1 REPLY 1
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Frequent evening connection drops. Seems to happen only when playing a specific game?

Hi @aheath6

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to see that the line has now been performing the way it should be lately. Tests aren't showing any underlying fault with the network, however the line is clearly now stable, with speeds fluctuating and the line dropping out on numerous occasions. Before raising this with our suppliers, I think it's best to try and diagnose the source of the issue internally.

Please have a look through our Broadband Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to rectify the problem sooner.

When testing, if you can, remove the faceplate from your master socket, and connect your router directly into the test socket which lies behind it, avoid using any extension cables / sockets as well. See how you get on.

If the problem persists, head over to faults.plus.net and raise this with our Technical Support team, when raising the fault, you'll come across an "Additional Information" section. Use this to input dates / times that you'd be available for an engineer visit.

I'll pop a visual radius below which show the disconnections on the line.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds