cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Broadband Set Up Orange Light Red flashing B

GeorgeChrist

Plusnet Broadband Set Up Orange Light Red flashing B

Hi all - new plusnet user and have just set up broadband. Activated yesterday - all plugged in properly, and yet the router is flashing red b and glowing orange. Can anyone help/check on it? I'm going to call customer support but I can't do this until the weekend because of work commitments

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Plusnet Broadband Set Up Orange Light Red flashing B

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Tech Help to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @GeorgeChrist

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having connection issues. I've run some tests on the line which indicate that the modem itself is out of sync.Please can you go through our troubleshooting guide which has tips on correcting these sort of problems, if you continue to experience issues, let us know and we'll be happy to raise this with our suppliers.

When troubleshooting, if you can, please try and connect your router into the test socket, this lies behind the face plate on your master socket. Please do not use any extension cables / sockets as well if possible.

Once raised to our suppliers, it's likely that an engineer appointment will be required, so we try to exclude any internal problems prior to the visit, as if an internal issue is found, a £65.00 call out charge would be applied onto the account.

Broadband Troubleshooting: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
GeorgeChrist

Thank you very much - can there be any explanation as to why the modem is 'out of sync'? It's plugged in correctly to the line (single socket - i dont know where the test line is in teh house).

Could i have someone look at it? if it is internal i'd be fine paying hte money. I'd rather have my internet working!

Thanks a lot

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@GeorgeChrist

Thank you for your response. This does not necessarily mean that you've plugged the router in incorrectly, it could be due to issues on Openreach's end. The reason we ask you to do your internal checks is just to make sure that the source of the issues are not internal prior to booking an engineer visit.

Adam
GeorgeChrist

thank you very much Adam. Could you recommend the quickest way to book an engineer visit?

George

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response @GeorgeChrist and for your time on the phone this afternoon.

the issue has now been passed on to our suppliers, and our Technical Support Team will review the issue once engineer notes have been provided.

Adam