cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Slow speeds and intermitent connection losses

laurie89

I'm having a similar issue. Switched to Plusnet from Sky on 4th August. Was getting slow speeds for the two weeks following so engineers fixed faults outside and another engineer to fix a fault inside. This increased my speeds but the signal is still intermittent and I haven't been able to stream any videos on either Netflix or Prime since I switched. I've attempted to cancel and kept being passed to the Technical department resulting in a new router being sent out. The new router is exactly the same!

I have spent a month now with unreliable internet signal, no streaming services and I am unable to terminate my contract with Plusnet without an early termination fee as they do not accept they are at fault for the problem!! They instead expect me to go through the Hub Manager spending weeks changing frequency settings and seeing if that makes any difference (I live in a remote location, with no other interference from other Wifi signals!). It has reduced me to tears on a couple of occasions because no one has a solution and I'm not allowed to switch back to Sky without paying them more money!

2 REPLIES 2
pennysjp

laurie89

There have been a number of posts on here documenting the unreliability of the Plusnet HubOne. We are at present going through a similar experience to yours, line regularly dropping out and very poor wifi. We had to go through the same farce as you, unqualified customers expected to fix their own broadband. Not the service you pay for. We have an engineer visit scheduled, but considered it more likely that the HubOne is to blame. We had no problems with the Sky router.  Many people have resorted to replacing the HubOne with a used BT Home Hub 6 off of Ebay, and their issues have been resolved. Seems like the customer doing what Plusnet should be, and letting them off the hook for issuing a sub standard router. Might help to read posts of people with similar experiences at      

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another topic for better visibility and to help both customer and staff.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'