cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless signal dropping out all the time

tally2425

Wireless signal dropping out all the time

Wired connection seems fine as my computer is wired and don't experience as many drop outs as much as my TV/Phone does, anyone had this issue and overcome it or will i need to get my hands on a new router? 

7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Wireless signal dropping out all the time

OldFrank
Grafter

Hello.

Since i got my new Hub One my wireless connection keeps dropping out, I have tried it on 2.4 Ghz only and 5 Ghz only and 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz not synced but it still drops out. At the moment I am on 5 Ghz only and it has been stable for the last 20 minutes, will just have to wait and see what happens. I don't think that these new Hub's are the best quality.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @tally2425

Thanks a lot for reaching out and @I'msorry to hear that you're having issues with your wireless connection. There are a few settings that I''d be able to tweak on your router, which will give us a good starting point when diagnosing and resolving the problem.

Making these changes will drop the connection for a minute or two though, am I okay to go ahead?

@OldFrank it looks like you've raised a separate thread for the issues you're having, and are being supported on there.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
tally2425

I have browsed the search forums and seen that unsyncing 2.4gz and 5gz and changed to channel 3 can help so i've just done that and will see how we get on!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah @tally2425 that was one of the things I was going to do, I was also going to run a smart wireless scan, which scans your local environment for the best WIFI channels, then sets them on your router. You could also use your own third party WIFI analyser to find the best channels, then set them manually through your hub manager. Smiley

Adam
tally2425

If you could run the scan that would be great! would like to get on the best channel i can!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Looks like the 2.4GHz and 5GHz weren't split either @tally2425 so I've done that now, and have run a smart wireless scan.

2.4GHz - wireless channel changed from 1 to 11

5GHz - you're currently on the best channel for your environment - 48 Smiley

Adam