Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: e mail address on upgrade to FTTP

@charliecambs wrote:

Actually clicking "add extras" does give an option to  either

"im happy to loos landline 

OR

"I want to keep my landline with my current provider" which would obviously be plusnet as my number was provided by them when i moved in and joined years ago. This was from logged in upgrade page....?Huh

reading other posts though it seems almost impossible to retain number???

Are you sure you were looking at the offers and upgrades tab while logged in? The option to keep your phone line should only be available as a new customer. I’ve had a look at my account and can confirm this is the case but if you’re seeing different, what’s website address you were on at the time and would you be able to post up a full screenshot so I can investigate further?

As for your Force9 email addresses, if you upgrade your existing account to FTTP, these shouldn’t be affected. 

It’s definitely worth calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to see what prices we can offer you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
charliecambs
Dabbler

oops.. Just looked at upgrade and you are correct no phone unless i go to FTTC.

I usually look to New customer offers to see what you can match, although like many others i never saw the £75 cashback . CS were supposed to confirm from call recording and get back to me but didnt. Another topic for the CS call

Bit concerned on "f you upgrade your existing account to FTTP, these shouldn’t be affected" Has anyone done upgrade to confirm this....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@charliecambs wrote:
Bit concerned on "f you upgrade your existing account to FTTP, these shouldn’t be affected" Has anyone done upgrade to confirm this....

Sorry for the worry. I’ve seen numerous FTTC accounts be upgraded to FTTP and have email retained. However I’m reluctant to give you a 100% guarantee in case of the absolute smallest chance something goes wrong, due to the way Force9 email addresses in particular are built in our systems we would struggle to bring it back. 

@charliecambs wrote:

I usually look to New customer offers to see what you can match, although like many others i never saw the £75 cashback . CS were supposed to confirm from call recording and get back to me but didnt. Another topic for the CS call

Ah sorry to see this. I’m not in the office now but let me take a look for you tomorrow when I’m in. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hiya @charliecambs

I've raised the cashback issue to my colleagues in our billing team and I've created a support ticket Here which I'll use to keep track of this for you. Once I've got a response from them, I'll let you know. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
charliecambs
Dabbler

Hi sorry for delay response been out.

What format would FTTP email address be be ?  I do have a gmail account to keep some mail separate but I'd need to back up all incoming mails anyway if I go FTTP.

I still seem to be seeing 30Mbps now and then but I'll continue to look. and raise a fault. 

I currently have some good offers for alternative ISP to go FTTP so I need to talk to CS at the same time as this might be better all round than reporting fault.  To be honest I like Force9 (18  years customer ) and we don't have a house full of gaming kids so more speed and reliability for same cost is my aim.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@charliecambs 

If you change ISP you lose your force9 e-mail account.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @charliecambs 

No worries, no changes are made to your email address when upgrading to FTTP so it’ll be the same as it is now. It’s always worth keeping a backup of emails in my opinion. Wouldn’t like to see you go after so long with us. I’d be happy to ask one of my colleagues to call you back to talk about what prices we can offer you for FTTP if you’d like? I’m sure we’d be able to tempt you to stay. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
charliecambs
Dabbler

Yep that would be good.

I do have an offer for 300Mps ( which I don't really need for my lifestyle) £25 18 months though but really dont want to do that but its cost, reliability, speed trade off obviously as with Energy!!

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@charliecambs 

PN offer FF45, FF78, FF145 as well as 300 and above.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah that makes sense. Could you drop me a private message with your phone number and when you'd be available for a call? I can't promise a call over the weekend but can generally do Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
charliecambs
Dabbler

Thought I'd post an update on swap to FTTP on 19th.

Engineer was due 1 pm to 6 but called mid morning to say was it ok to come  at 12 as he was round corner.

Turned up (Quinn contractor) discussed fibre drop and outside route to office/router and installed and running in an 1 - 1 1/2

So far usually reports 70 t0 74 Mps down and 20 up so speed seems pretty stable.

Land line went "not available" next day.

Email still seems to be working normally with "xxx@username.force9.co.uk "

Wife did notice a couple of "internet not available " wi-fi drop outs so I'm keeping an eye as that was a long term issue on hub 1 fixed by firmware update and subsequently not an issue with the Hub 2 (until now?)

The voucher issue was fixed too so thanks to all forum contributions from users and Plusnet staff.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Full Fibre

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'