Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet IPv6 Trial Next Phase

chrcoluk
Grafter

Re: Plusnet IPv6 Trial Next Phase

Quote from: chrcoluk
Please put me forward, but note my service is only just ordered so I dont have a active connection yet.
The router I will be using is ipv6 capable and I do actively use ipv6 (currently via tunnels) meaning I should be able to give good feedback.

existing router is a asus rt-n16 (sorry forgot to mention)
likely within 3 months be upgraded to a asus rt-ac66u
rwaller
Grafter

I also have a AVM Fritz! 7390 which is IP v6 capable and would like to join the test
BobW
Estragon
Rising Star

@SimonHobson
what I'd expect is that customers with a static address will just have "an address" from the same pool(s) as everyone else - except that the address is locked to that customer rather than changing with each connection

AIUI that is how the current Plusnet fixed IP address works on IPv4, so there must be some reason that can't be done on the v6 trial. Maybe the field that holds it on your account is being used for the v6 address, but that's just a guess by me.
I don't quite understand why, having been told our IPv4 address will revert to dynamic, so many people are suggesting the dynamic one we get on v4 instead will be fixed, either as now or just because of not doing reconnections. I'm almost sure that on Plusnet dynamic it changes frequently even without disconnections .
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Most (if not all) of the trial users will get a new account for the trial.  Your current account IP won't be affected.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
worldtraveller2

I would like to have a go Cheesy my Netgear router supports
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
Most (if not all) of the trial users will get a new account for the trial.  Your current account IP won't be affected.

Will the ipv4 on the trial be static even tho its from the dynamic pool?
paulmh5
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi
Just to clarify the IP address situation having looked at the test accounts and assuming nothing changes between now and then, each IPv6 test account will have a static IPv4 and static IPv6 address.
However with this being a trial I wouldn't like to promise that it will stay that way.
Plusnet Staff - Lead Network Design/Delivery Engineer
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 7

Thanks everyone.
We'll close requests for now and I'll start to distribute some test logins today.
We've got more requests than we have test accounts set up so not everyone will get one but we'll probably have a second batch available to give to some more in a couple of weeks.
I'll send the details via PM on the forum and post another thread with a few things to test out and how we'd like to see feedback.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology