cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find details of reported fault

JohnFol1
Grafter

Re: Cannot find details of reported fault

Agreed however it's a Huawei 612 that was released in 2016. It's just a modem so comments about WiFi are not relevant.
The fault is DSL light flashing and unable to make a stable connection.
I hear Plusnet can supply one for the cost of postage (as I'm under contract) so the question is can Plusnet help
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

however it's a Huawei 612

I accept that the HG 612 is now quite old and unsupported, however it was (and still is) one of the best performing basic modems and will certainly hold a connection, on a poor line, better then most modern ones!. Yes, you had a separate modem & router whereas the modern ones combine the functions into one device which may be more convenient.

The fault is DSL light flashing and unable to make a stable connection.

I hear Plusnet can supply one for the cost of postage (as I'm under contract) so the question is can Plusnet help

Plusnet will usually suppy one for p & p if you've recontracted recently and/or not had a new router for some while.

However I'd be surprised if a new (Hub 2) router makes any difference. It will however eliminate the router as the cause and leave OR with no option but to send another engineer to investigate and fix the problem properly!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

I just need you to reply back to the ticket agreeing to £6.99 for postage and packaging if you are wanting a new router @JohnFol1 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
JohnFol1
Grafter

Happy to go ahead but please confirm the router can be used in a modem-only mode
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

It can, @JohnFol1 .

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

No worries, are you able to comment on https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=238787624 just to confirm you are happy for it to be sent out?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team