cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimation of early termination cost

alexkyr

Estimation of early termination cost

I am thinking in becoming a new customer of PlusNet and get the Full Fibre 500 Broadband package for 34.99 GBP per month on a 24-month contract. I need to have flexibility with the cancellation though, because I may leave the UK in the next 6-12 months depending on if/when my employer's overseas project will go ahead.

I want to assess 2 scenarios: how much I will be paying (roughly) as early termination charge if I cancel the contract with 18 months remaining or with 12 months remaining.

I saw the examples for early termination charges in PlusNet's website , however the "value for costs saved" is not accurately disclosed and appears to be a hypothetical number rather than a figure I can rely on.

Can anybody provide 2 reliable estimated figures for the total early termination charge in the two scenarios above?

The early termination cost is an important factor for my new broadband provider.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Estimation of early termination cost

Welcome to the Community Forums @alexkyr 

I think the best way to find out for sure is to call the Sales Team and ask. They’re closed now, but back open tomorrow from 8am. 

As part of the sales process, they can tell you how much a month the early termination charge is. 

Once you have the monthly figure, you can work out how much it’d cost to leave at any point in the contract. 

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet