cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add information to a support question?

FIXED
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: How can I add information to a support question?

I think Plusnet need to improve on account section - Ticket - so we can see open or closed ticket. Why is Plusnet making it harder to find the closed ticket? Also under broadband section when we report any fault, there is nothing there. No test result, no current line speed, no BTw Performance ip profile anymore. I think Plusnet are designed to push everyones away from bemoaned about poor service or fault etc. They seem don't want to know! As for Text Message to fault - are useless indeed.

I am glad I am with much better ISP UnchainedISP they have much better control panel with real live ping, connection, sync rate, BTw future plan or fault, you can submitted GEA Test at any time if you think there is a fault on the line, also within 10 minutes ticket reply to get it sorted it out.

Why is Plusnet is going downfalls now? Lack of communicating! These are not helpful to any deaf user with stressed and anxious with no extra support!

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@jab1 What is the result from the 'Additional Diagnostic' tab on this report - https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ ?

These never work I did try that on my parents line but @Dan_the_Van saying this BTw additional diagnostic never work for the last 12 months now.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@goldenfibre Adding your issues to another users topic is not good practice, and nothing you have said above helps this case.

John
jab1
Legend

@goldenfibre as previous - hijacking another users topic is not good practice.

John
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@jab1 You not helping him for asking him to run BTw Performance test as we all know this test with additional diagnostic never work with many PN users and no I am not hacked or insult any person as I try to ask PN to take noticed of this. Why is BTw test never work for 12 months seem they not care about it and nothing was done about it. I do remember I raised this issues to @Gandalf as he report this to BTw to get it fixed and it has.

jab1
Legend

@goldenfibre The Additional Diagnostic does work - sometimes - but if it doesn't in this case, so be it - but it is worth a try.

John
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

It's work for some, not all of them. I suggest PN user put name down and report this case to BTw to get it fixed. I remember long while back lots of users complaints about BTw Additional Diagnostic never work and Gandalf managed to get it resolved fixed but it taking long while to get it at the end. I just saying if it doesn't work then PN staff should raised this to BTw.

There is other option if BTw Additional Diagnostic never work then go to BTw checker and enter Access Line ID and it will show up Observed Speeds (sync from the line - not the IP Profile one) if you ask PN for Access Line ID not the BBEU one (for SOGEA only).

david_n
Hooked

@jab1 Screenshot of Additional Diagnostic results attached.

It's poor that upload speeds aren't guaranteed; with an asymmetric connection, the upload speed is often much more critical. It doesn't make much difference what the download speed is if you have no available upstream bandwidth to send a request. 

david_n
Hooked

@goldenfibre I certainly agree about text messaging to report problems - not exactly convenient if you can't get a mobile signal in the house and WiFi Calling isn't working because of the broadband problem that you're trying to report.

david_n
Hooked

@jab1 The Additional Diagnostic worked for me, apart from the Download Report button, which doesn't appear to do anything.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Download Report button never ever work as I think BTw forget to put special url link are missing on the button. I was surprised no one reported this to BTw.

jab1
Legend

@david_n wrote:

@jab1 The Additional Diagnostic worked for me, apart from the Download Report button, which doesn't appear to do anything.

Unfortunately, it is a long time since I ran the BTw test, and I can't do now anyway as I have an FTTP connection with a different ISP, but I don't remember a 'Download Report' button on there - in the days when I was on FTTC and could run that, I always just saved the report which you have attached as 'Capture 2'.

From that, can I ask  - are you on an ADSL connection, because those figures look like what you would get on a very long ADSL line, and the upload is consistent with your download?

John
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I just look up Download Report Button on BTw and it appear java plugin is not enabled? This is the reason for not working. I did try it via firefox, edge, chrome all the same not working!

david_n
Hooked

@jab1 It seems that Plusnet could help. I finally managed contact them via X, and told them I had installed a Plusnet router so they could test the speed (which was still slow after replacing the router). They haven't told me that they have done anything, but this morning my upload speed is back up to around the 0.8Mbps mark. 😊

jab1
Legend

@david_n Glad you upload is back up to a more reasonable speed.

John