Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Virgin to keep landline

FIXED
DJ1UK
Grafter

Moving to Virgin to keep landline

Hi

After 11 years with PlusNet I've decided to leave and move to Virgin to get faster speeds and keep landline.

I would have stayed with PN if the FTTP offered a landline (aware I can move to BT or mess around with Sipgate).

My PN contract current offer ends 15/09. I assume I'm safe to sign up with Virgin around 15/08 and by the time it goes through there'll be no cancellation fees? (Within 30 days of end) or do I wait till after 15/09.

Also I've read mixed messages if Virgin handle/notify PN of migration or if I have to advise PN ?

Is it just a case of sign up and I'll be migrated and account automatically closed?

Thanks John
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Moving to Virgin to keep landline

Fix

Sorry to see you go John.

As long as Virgin ports your landline number away then this will close your account with us. 

To avoid cancellation fees, you'll just need to make sure the transfer completes on or after 15.09.22. 

Let me know if there are any issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DJ1UK
Grafter

Thanks for the clear info.

Plusnet have offered me a deal to stay on FTTC with landline for 18 months again, wondering to stay on lower speed 80mb to see if PlusNet start to offer digital voice service in a few months OR jump to Virgin.

Decisions decisions!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

It would be good to see you stay with us, but appreciate that full fibre is tempting and the way of the future.

I haven’t got any plans to share on if or when we’ll offer a digital voice service. It could be something we have in the pipeline but it may not be. I genuinely don’t know. 

Tough decisions indeed!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet