cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged account

Demoncheese

Overcharged account

Why when I have over a month still to go on my contract have I suddenly been charged double? Please ensure that the correct value is applied rather than overcharging me yet again. As I am abroad at the moment and, unbelievably poorly, you provide no other way to be contacted other than a phone number also take this as notice to finish my contract with Plusnet when it finishes on the 10th October so that there is no 'it needs to be 30 days' rubbish when I call upon my return.
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Overcharged account

@Demoncheese 

I’m afraid that you cannot make contractual changes such as cancelling your service by posting on this public forum.

To do this see the cancellation policy. To quote the relevant text:

A cancellation request for cease of service can be made in one of two ways:

• By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation for cease of service is by calling our Customer Options Team.

• By post to: Plusnet Plc, Endeavour, Sheffield Digital Campus, 1a Concourse Way, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 2BJ. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

@Demoncheese I'm so sorry to hear about the fact you are ill and I hope you feel better soon.

As @Baldrick1 has advised we can't action the cancellation as only the Customer Options Team can but I can look at the overcharge for you. If the bill has been generated we can't stop it from coming out but we can refund/credit it. I am guessing since you are looking to leave you would want this as a refund is that correct?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Demoncheese

Thanks for the replies. I am not unwell - the poorly comment was a reflection of the customer service offered by Plusnet. As mentioned I am currently overseas so neither a phone call or by post is an option. Why a communications company can't hand email or live chat is beyond me - just shows that everything is done to try and make life as awkward as possible for the customer. You have seen the message so have seen the notice that the account is to be closed so I will expect no issues with it being closed on the 10th Oct when I call upon my return.