cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

samlee71

Overcharged

Hi

I have just renewed my contract as it ran out on 19th August.  However my final bill is stating I owe £47.44 instead of £29.62 which is should be.  Can someone please look into this for me and let me know why this bill is higher as my new contract is £27.99 a month!

3 REPLIES 3
pvmb
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Overcharged

It usually takes a month or so for the Plusnet accounting system to 'settle' (you should have seen my bill after I renewed my contract, it went on for pages...). It usually comes out in the wash, but you could phone PN or wait for a more 'official' reply here.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

The Plusnet billing system prepares the bills in advance of the billing date. I have seen seven days in advance postulated! Therefore, if you renewed your contract  after the bill was prepared you will have received a bill reflecting your out of contract price for your expiring contract.

As has been said, your next bill should sort things out with a refund for the overpayment this time (comprising a refund of that money and a correct charge based on your ne contract  for the same period). If your new contract starts before your existing billing date then there will be other adjustments for those "overlapping" days (a refund of the charges for those days based on your old contract rate and a charge based on your new contract rate). The bill will be quite complex and long.

samlee71

Thank you