cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet business closing down options

franny123

Plusnet business closing down options

Hello , I recieved an e-mail today from plusnet informing me that my broadband business account will be terminated on 5th Sept 23 . They will waive any early termination fees if I'm still within "the minimum term of my agreement" with them . I'm only 7 months into my second 24 month contract with them with 17 months left

What are my options ? Can I find another provider before that date and any early termination will be waived ? They obviously cant charge early termination fees , for a contract they themselves terminated early , beyond the 5th Sept 23 

Tried calling numerous times without any joy so any help really appreciated 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Plusnet business closing down options

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632 or 0800 079 1133(from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

That is interesting news and a progressive position.

I believe that the previous position was that if a business user moved to BT Business ETCs would be waived, whereas if the user moved elsewhere they would be charged ETCs.

What is to stop you finding a new supplier whenever, but requesting a migration date of (say) 1st September?  Suppliers can schedule order up to 90 days in advance.

Grateful for your query - I have a connected business account and was not prepared to pay ETCs on premature termination, as I would not wish to transfer to BT.  My ploy was going to be to hold Plusnet to term ... or charge them ETCs.  Not yet received the "notice to quit" email.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Plusnet business closing down options

Since learnt that the business account I am associated with has received the same letter.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.