Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to pay

sar4hl0u

Struggling to pay

Hi

I’m looking for advice.

I’m currently very unwell and have been off work for 2 months and likely to be for the foreseeable future. I’m only getting SSP at present, and have had to apply for UC, which I won’t get until mid-July. I had a payment extension last month, but cannot have another one and the person I spoke to said that there was absolutely nothing they could do about it.

My service is now restricted, and will be until I can make the payment. As I’m housebound at the moment I could really do with the restriction being lifted for the next 10 days until I can make the payment.

Is there anyone that I can talk to about this?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 517

Re: Struggling to pay

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Hi @sar4hl0u I'm sorry to hear about your situation. 

It was lovely speaking with you today. I've explained on the call what we can do for you going forward. I've also popped a ticket on to your account with a bit more information that is account specific. You can view this here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=235197158 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

Well done Claudia, nice to see the PN team really on the ball to help someone in difficulty.

sar4hl0u

Thank you for reaching out to me Claudia, it was nice to talk to you.

However, there is still apparently nothing that can be done and my account is still restricted. Plusnet are unable to help at all and they will only allow on extension per 6 months and are unable to lift the restrictions. The only option they can give me is to change my billing date once I’ve paid the outstanding bill.

The staff are lovely and friendly, it just appears Plusnet are not!
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

As soon as you have UC, change to a BT social tariff - £15pm for FTTC and 700minutes of UK phone calls. Plusnet don't offer a social tariff, but I understand you can swap to BT's even if you are still in contract with Plusnet.

DiMum
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Info on social tariffs https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/social-....

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.